Sunday, November 16, 2014

Year 7-8 camp

I struggle my way out of the car and stack all of my gear outside. Nikki and I debated where to put our tent but when we finally came to a decision we quickly whipped it up.
The poles click together just like a jigsaw. I clench a tight grip on the tent and we slide the poles swiftly down each side of the tent.
When everyone is prepared for the night we settle down next to the cold hard black fire pit. The charcoal from the last fire lay on the ground. We smothered wood over the top of flames bellowing out of the ground. Everyone had decided  that while we cooked our food we would go for a swim.
As we arrive down to the fast flowing water we realise it is too strong. Jim and I wandered up the river against the current. I stand there with my legs shaking and purple and my hands as numb as bricks. Soon when it had got too cold we wandered back to the campsite where chef  Zac stood there by the fire cooking our food.
In no time we were all huddled around the nice warm fire defrosting and eating our billy stew. The wind blew softly which made the smoke blow into our faces.
soon as we had finished we all ran over to the middle of the field and played spotlight.


No comments:

Post a Comment