Wednesday, September 24, 2014

skiing 2014

As we drive up the windy track of forest I can just see a faint glimps of the Mountain ahead! After I weave my way through the crowded rental place I find my way out to the cold Mushey Mountain. The sun shimmers onto the cold wet blanket of snow down beneath. Click .... Click as my ski's bind into the hard ski buckles. The White glossy powder slush's around as my ski's glide down the mountain. The wind travelles behind you nudging you as you fly down the tall mountain. My long ski's follow my lead as I parallel ski down. I was practicing doing wide s turns down the hill to help slow me down. Charlotte and I hop straight onto the chairlift. It feels like you are floating when it takes you away up high. We jump of in a rush and push our way over to our lesson!

1 comment:

  1. Our school went on a ski trip too. We had fun but it was cold. The mountain was Mt Ruapehu. From Holly McIntyre and Ashleigh Morton Kimbolton School Room 1

    ReplyDelete