Monday, March 23, 2015

Camp writing day 1

As I lean over the wooden edge I peer into the crystal clear blue water. My shaking hands carefully reached into the water in attempt to catch a small fish. 
Deep down under all the rocky coral hundreds of mussels sit clutched tight against the edge of the wooden planks that sit silently underneath the jetty. The tiny little fish swim beneath the corral, I dip my hand into the water and try to trap a fish in my hand. I pick a mussel off the wood.Its hard shell sticks like super glue onto the wood. 
As soon as I ripped the mussel off I slowly lowered the mussel down into the water but still keeping a firm grip on the top of the shell.
Suddenly heaps of fish are already swarming around the juicy mussel. I waited patiently until the right moment. Without thinking I drop my hand into the water and try to clench my hand around a tiny slippery scaly fish.
 I shout in frustration as every time I came up empty handed and walk back in disappointment !!
By Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment