Monday, March 23, 2015

Camp writing - day 2

I delicately place my foot in the front of the small sailing boat. The bright pinking glowing boat makes a beautiful reflection on the sparkling ocean. I cautiously sit down onto the lumpy surface of the boat. The wind picks up and suddenly the boat is gliding as fast as the Emirates Team NZ boat. 
We dash as fast as we can to the end of the cliff,
"Turn hard" "Turn hard " Tyler shouts. I pull as hard as I can on the rudder. Suddenly the boat swings around and Tyler and I both lean into the middle. The boat tips and makes it uneven. Tyler's head skims the top of the water. as we glide along. We both take a terrified look at each other as both of us freaked out at our close call to tipping. The tall sail flapped in the wind. Just as we thought we were finished with the strong wind, a huge unexpected gust of wind comes sweeping us away in a completely obscure direction.  But finally after a long exhausting heart wrenching experience we made our way back to the jetty. 
We trample out of the boat and stand on the jetty. 
As relieved to be on land as we were I would still definitely try that again. Except maybe next time I should be more experienced!  
And so I was ... Before I knew it I was taking little kids out for an experience that they would never forget!!!


3 comments:

  1. Hi my name is mattie
    You. Boas are so cool is that at a river or a pond. I like how you tools me how you felt

    ReplyDelete