Sunday, July 19, 2015

Holiday description - ice skating

The sounds of the Palmerston north square came to life.The dew drops glimmer in the morning sunlight. Sarah and I made our way down the streets of Palmy to the ice skating ring. A couple people were wandering around on the ice. My heart started pounding as we came closer I was quiet nervous because this was only the 2nd time i had been ice skating. I took one breath as we walked in and all I could smell was toe jam because so many people had been in the tent taking off and on shoes, I grab my skates the tight buckles quickly slam down onto my feet. Sarah glided her way onto the ring and I shuffled not far behind her. The ice sparkled bright it looked like smashed glass. My feet skidded along the ice, I grabbed a firm grip on the side of the wall. My ankles twisted and turned as the bright orange skates slide on the ice. I slowly let go of the wall and get my balance, I swung myself into the middle of the ring. But after about 5 minutes I was struggling to stay up and before I knew it I was collapsed on the ground soaking in the wet ice. Meanwhile Sarah was skating around like a swan gracefully. It looked easier then what it was, but really all it took was balance. More and More people started arriving which meant more risk of crashing into someone. There were so many people you could just about feel everyone else warm breath on your neck. Sarah grabbed the wall and pushed me of the side into the middle. Suddenly out of knowhere a boy came and smashed into me, he was going so fast that he didn't even stop he just kept going and feel into the wall. The force of how fast he was going just made me fall over and my legs went straight out and I did the splits. The sun finally came out and the ice started to turn to slush. I started to get the hang of the skates and started skating around but kept resnobaly close to the sides. We wandered back over to the tent and took our skates off. My socks stuck to the inside of the boots.As the boots finally slide of a big feeling of relief rushes through my body. The ice skating boots resemble to skiing boots and they feel great when you take them off. Sarah and I strolled back out of the tent and took the stench of the boots with us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment