Thursday, July 23, 2015

Staff Sergent Kelly Carter visit

Staff Sergeant Kelly Carter visits Apiti School
Kelly Carter. Peter Blake Dream Team Leader, visited Apiti School on the 22nd of July to talk to students about leadership and to share some of her achievements.
Her goal was to convince us kids that we could do anything we wanted to. Kelly is a very successful sportswoman who has represented NZ for triathlon and plays hockey. She also achieved one of her greatest goals, the Ironman. Kelly also is a Staff Sergeant in the New Zealand army and has spent time training for Australian and New Zealand soldiers. She works with helping soldiers with rehabilitation.
I learnt from Kelly that we don't just have to be one thing but that we can do one thing and then try something else.
During her presentation she awarded me with a Sir Peter Blake Trust Leadership Award. I got a package with a whole lot of items related to leadership, a medal and Sir Peter Blake's book . She awarded me with the award because my teachers had nominated me for it.
My goals for the future are to achieve in everything I want to. Whatever I do I want to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment